Sunday, February 22, 2015

Tweeting is not enough, guys. CREATE!!

After a night of absorbing the Oscars 2015 via Twitter & Facebook, my brain was ready to explode. A few of my thoughts...
In regards to the ongoing discussion around race & diversity in Hollywood, the Academy, etc... the struggle is real. And it's damn frustrating. Thank you to those who have the courage & eloquence to voice the issues & bring light to such an important subject. For those who are vocalizing your distaste & disapproval, I hope your frustration leads you to more action than angry tweets & blogs. I hope you're out there attending film festivals, buying music from independent artists you want to support. I hope you're celebrating & elevating art that needs your recognition & genuine ENCOURAGEMENT to evolve, be refined in its quality & reflect the world we live in & be shared with the masses. I hope you're out there MAKING ART that will change our world.
I'm learning just how much the entertainment industry is a bizarre playground with rules that are made & ignored every single day. There's no one way to break the "system" or alter decades of ignorance or structural racism. Not everyone is an enemy. Not all projects are crap. Partner with people who support & INSPIRE you. This is a marathon, not a sprint. It will require a day in & day out dedication of time, creativity, persistence, a no bullshit attitude and GROWING BODIES OF WORK that will hopefully speak for themselves. Write, produce, direct, sing, act, CAST, finance, master, all the things. Create & create & create some more!
All my love to my fellow creatives out there who put their blood, sweat & tears into this crazy business. 



No comments:

Post a Comment